Level 3 Infrastructure technician apprenticeship
Netcom Trainings Level 3 Information Communication Technician (ICT) Apprenticeship equips individuals to deliver efficient operation and control of the IT or Telecommunications infrastructure (comprising physical or virtual hardware, software, network services, and data storage) either on-premises or to end-users provisioned as cloud services that are required to deliver and support the information systems needs of an organisation.
The role of an Information Communication Technician
Organisations increasingly rely on computer and communications systems in all areas of their operations and decision-making processes. It is, therefore, crucial to ensure the optimal performance and maintenance of systems. An Information Communication Technician (ICT) is critical to achieving this.
The Information Communications Technician contributes by applying infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment, and monitoring of infrastructure components.
Knowledge, skills, and behaviours will be developed to build, install, maintain and secure multi-vendor platforms in software and hardware.
- Provide technical support to customers, both internal and external, through a range of communication channels.
- Establish and diagnose ICT problems/faults using the required troubleshooting methodology and tools.
- Interpret technical specifications relevant to the ICT task.
- Apply the appropriate security policies to ICT tasks in line with organisational requirements.
- Undertake the relevant processes with the relevant tools and technologies to resolve ICT technical issues.
- Communicate with all stakeholders, talking them through steps to take to resolve issues or set up systems, keeping them informed of progress and managing escalation and expectations.
- Apply appropriate testing methodologies to hardware or software, or cabling assets.
- Practice guided continuous self-learning to keep up to date with technological developments to enhance relevant skills and take responsibility for own professional development.
- Document or escalate ICT tasks as appropriate to ensure a clear audit trail and progression of issues.
Level 2 English and Maths will need to be passed, if not already, prior to taking the end point assessment.
Unlock this opportunity
To request more information please complete the form below, if your ready to get started please complete our enrol online , a member of staff will contact you as soon as we receive your online application. You can call our office to discuss the course by calling 0121 450 9300