BTEC Level 3 Diploma in IT
This qualification is well respected by industry professionals and can lead to employment or apprenticeships in a range of cutting edge jobs in the computing, industrial and commercial sectors. Topics covered within this course are theory-based and include simulated live labs, giving the students plenty of opportunities to utilise their knowledge in practice.
The course is assessed using work-related, real-life assignments and simulated practical labs throughout the course. There are no exams, but you must meet deadlines set for each assignment. The program is an online-based course where subject specialist tutors teach the student throughout the course.
This course offers the foundation for further study at University or career in public and private sector organisations in the areas such as:
During this course, you will study a range of IT and computing-related units, including:
- Information technology systems
- Computer systems
- Information systems
- Impact of the use of IT on business systems
- Managing networks
- Organisational systems security
- Computer networks
- Communication technologies
- IT technical support
- Maintaining computer systems
- Networked systems security
All the units are internally assessed.
To be eligible for free training as part of the National Skills Fund, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Previous knowledge in IT at level 2
- Level 2 English and Maths required or studying towards
- Live in Birmingham or surrounding areas (Please call our office for clarification on 0121 450 9300)
- You must be over 24
- You must not already have a Level 3 qualification, even if it’s in an unrelated subject to the one you want to study
Ready to get started?
To request more information please complete the form below, if your ready to get started please complete our online enrolment form, a member of staff will contact you as soon as we receive your online application. You can call our office to discuss the course by calling 0121 450 9300